Join our annual advocacy missions at the United States and California State Capitols. Make your voice heard by lobbying our representatives for legislation addressing NCJW priorities in social justice.
UPCOMING ADVOCACY MISSIONS
Stay tuned for information abut our 2021 Spring Advocacy Mission
PAST ADVOCACY MISSIONS
2020 NCJW Advocacy Mission in Sacramento
May 19-20, 2020
(due to COVID-19 this lobby mission was implemented via virtual meetings, phone calls and social media campaign)
We came together again from all corners of the state to make California work for all our residents, including the most vulnerable. Each year our gatherings make a meaningful impact on policymakers and we make this one impactful as well!
We gathered to:
- Learn the fundamentals of lobbying and the legislative/budget process
- Gain a deeper understanding of the priority bills and issues and why they are so critical
- Meet virtually with your representatives to advocate for NCJW CA positions
- Hear from legislators, high level legislative staff and leading social justice advocates
- Network with other NCJW CA members and learn about innovative Section strategies.
We marched with over 300 National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) members and supporters in a silent procession from the US Supreme Court to the US Capitol, delivering hundreds of pocket constitutions and signed notes to Senator Chuck Grassley, Chair of the Senate Judiciary; and asking senators to #DoYourJob and move forward with the process of filling the US Supreme Court vacancy in a fair and timely manner.