SFCAHT Conference 2015 – Proven Strategies for Practitioners Combating Human Trafficking
October 16, 2015 |Phillip Burton Building | San Francisco
The conference brought together more than 170 attendees to learn from educators, survivors, direct service providers, government agencies, and law enforcement about the practical aspects of collaboration in combating all forms of human trafficking. The program featured best practices and strategies for agencies and communities to coordinate anti-trafficking efforts & assist victims.
Featured speakers included: Acting US Attorney, Northern District of CA, Brian Stretch
- Special Litigation Counsel, Human Trafficking Unit, U.S. Dept. of Justice, Washington, D.C., John Cotton Richmond
- Kamala Harris’ Human Trafficking Coordinator, Maggy Krell
- San Francisco Supervisor, District 4, Katy Tang
- Deputy Chief of Staff for Public Safety, Office of San Francisco Mayor Edwin M. Lee, Paul Henderson
- ED and Founder of Bridget’s Dream, Leah Albright-Byrd
Click HERE the conference program.
Strategies for a Victim-Centered Approach to Services
Holistic strategies for addressing victim trauma and models for clinical support. Victim remedies and resources
- Jaclyn “Jakki” Bedsole, MSW CSE-TAY Case Manager MISSSEY
- Elise Geltman, Clinician and Supervisor, WestCoast Children’s Clinic
- Dr. Gena Castro Rodriguez, Chief of Victim Services, San Francisco District Attorney’s Office
Effective Policy and Advocacy Strategies
Survivor-lead advocacy models impacting state, local, and national anti-trafficking policy.
- Autumn Burris, Founder & Director of Survivors for Solutions
- Angela Guanzon, Survivor Advisor Caucus Member, Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST)
Innovations in Enforcement
Improving enforcement by developing innovative partnerships with civil agencies and the private sector and collaborating across disciplines.
- Maggy Krell, Human Trafficking Coordinator, CA Department of Justice, Office of Attorney General Kamala Harris
- Dr. Emily Murase, Executive Director, San Francisco Department on the Status of Women/SF Mayor’s Task Force on Anti-Trafficking
- Sgt. Inspector Antonio Flores, Special Victims Unit, San Francisco Police Department