2017 SFCAHT Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Campaign – Kick-Off Press Conference & Modern-day Abolitionist Award Ceremony
Co-sponsored by the Jewish Coalition to End Human Trafficking & National Council of Jewish Women of San Francisco
January 11, 2017 | San Francisco City Hall
Local media and community members attended the press conference as leading anti-trafficking advocates, service providers, survivors and top Bay Area officials announced their priorities for 2017 in the fight against modern-day slavery. We honored the 2017 SFCAHT Modern-Day Abolitionist Award winners for their groundbreaking work against human trafficking.
Press conference speakers included:
- San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon
- Federal Bureau of Investigations Special Agent in Charge John Bennett
- Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent in Charge Ryan L. Spradlin
- San Francisco Police Department Interim Chief Toney Chaplin
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Regional Attorney Roberta Steele
- Huckleberry Youth Health Center’s Director of Programs Mollie Brown
- Love Never Fails Founder Vanessa Marie Johnson Russell
We honored also the 2017 SFCAHT Modern-Day Abolitionist Award winners for their groundbreaking work against human trafficking.